Friday, August 15, 2008

'Jesus would be, like, thrilled'





I spent some time following women who belong to the Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist that teach at Ave Maria Grammar and Preparatory School. I was struck by how "normal" they were. They were about my age, all 30-ish, give or take a few years. They said words like awesome (and not only in the correct way of saying that God is Awesome.) They were kind and funny and were great with their students. Read the story here.

6 comments:

tspinski@gmail.com said...

This is like, pretty awesome!

Trisha Q said...

I really enjoyed your clip and the article. Thank you!

sarahpixx said...

These are great photos. The spread doe them justice. It's great Naples still has the opportunity to do that.

Michael said...

I was checking out the Naples staff photos from the storm, and I really liked what I saw from you. A quick Google search lead me to your blog.

Love the nuns story. Beautiful photos with a great spread in the paper. Hearing the nuns in the audio really adds a lot. Nice job.

Good luck with Fay.

lackofintellect said...

Great job, Lex! Keep up the good work!

I have a old college teammate who's now a sister in Mexico, I remember her differently and seeing her as a nun is a bit strange. You hit on something with this though, we aren't that different no matter what we wear or believe.

sarahpixx said...

Just got to watch the slideshow. Very nice. Love the music in the background, pacing was great.