Sunday, September 28, 2008

Traveling Wall

Naples has the honor of hosting The Dignity Memorial Vietnam Wall. Our whole photo staff has covered it through the week. I was speaking with my friend Tristan today about the Vietnam Wall and how it is the most moving and sentimental monument in our country. He lives in D.C. now and every time he goes by the wall he says there is always someone standing before it who is moved to tears. Vietnam is still so fresh in everyone's memory and life. There is hardly an American my age or older who doesn't know someone connected to that particular war. There are so many names on that wall.





5 comments:

tspinski@gmail.com said...

This is really good work

lackofintellect said...

I really like these, especially the candlelit parade.

irvmarmik said...

Very beautiful and moving photos, Lexey. It seems that everyone in my generation knew at least one name on that wall. I hope they and all our service people, living and passed, are never forgotten.

Garrett Hubbard said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Garrett Hubbard said...

Lex. Every time I come to your photo blog I am reminded of the power of a single image. Always great perspective in the land of video. Thanks for the continual inspiration. Keep up the great work.
-g