Monday, June 30, 2008

Any time now...

Sarah and Scott are just 17 days away from the due date of their beautiful baby girl. (I don't even need to see her to know she will be stunning.) Yesterday, while my hand was on Sarah's ever-growing belly, I felt the baby hiccup and kick. It is incredible to watch her body transform as this life grows inside her.

I have known Sarah since my first semester at San Jose State University. We met because our boyfriends (well, her boyfriend, and a guy I was "dating") were roommates. We let go of them eventually, but never of each other. The first time we sat and talked it was for three hours on a bench in Dwight Bentel Hall after a photojournalism class. Now, nine years later, we can still sit that long and talk when time allows. We've been fortunate enough to both end up in Florida for now, and I am eternally grateful for her unending love and support. I'm equally grateful to be able to take pictures of her and her husband at such an important time in their lives.



6 comments:

Helen said...

Your pictures are beautiful. Tell them congrats for me. They will love being parents.

m swall said...

What a beautiful belly!
She still hasn't dropped much yet bt that can happen in the last couple of weeks.
Are you going to be there for the arrival?
Give them my love.

Lexey said...

i'm getting a bag ready so i can leave when i get the call. I'm going to document the whole birth. I can't wait!

Barb said...

Lexey ~ Those pictures are beautiful and priceless and your excitement comes thru in your words too! Congrats to all of you! Barb

irvmarmik said...

The most wonderous thing I've ever wittnessed in my life was the birth of my daughter. It was that day that I truely became a believer in a higher power-something greater than the some of us all and all that we know. I am still in awe of the miracle that is life itself. I can't think of a better pair of eyes through which to view that miracle unfold for Sarah and Scott, than your's, Lexey. I love you, Dad.

hollydlr said...

Gorgeous photos Lexey! At Sarah's instruction, I will be checking your blog regularly for baby pics!!