Saturday, April 19, 2008

Like Mother, Like Daughter

I went to work with my parents today (more pictures of that later). They work as dietary aides at an assisted living facility. I watched as the wife of one of the residents came in with a special request for her husband's lunch. I watched my mom hold her hand and listen to exactly what the woman was asking, then promptly take care of the request. I had to take a quick picture, because right then, I realized where I get this trait from. But, I only recognized the moment because a couple of weeks ago, a photographer named Ed Foster took a picture of me at the Ave Maria Oratory dedication. A woman was asking me to use her camera to take a picture from the middle aisle for her because she was stuck in the pew. I touched her hand as I listened and then did exactly what she asked me to do.


3 comments:

lovelelisa said...

just one of the many things i love about you two...

Barb said...

Isn't that a great feeling when you realize that without even knowing it, you've picked up the really good stuff from your parents? Barb

Anthony Soufflé said...

Awwwwww! It's Lexey! I miss you!